Friday 26 January 2018

She Keeps Spying On Me --- Husband cries out

A counselee sent this SMS to me, “Yomi, please call your sister. She has started again; she keeps checking my phones, vetting my messages and questioning every of my move – and she said she has forgiven me. I just don’t understand her anymore.”

The one he called my sister is his wife; their marriage went sour two years ago. The guy left his marriage, abandoned his wife and their three kids – moved in with another woman but with the help of God, prayers and counseling. They were back together in October 2017 – but my guy is tired of the wife snooping on him.

I am sure both of you are reading this piece:
To you my man: Take it cool with your wife; if she said she has forgiven you, I am sure she has. Forgiveness comes easy (though, it may be difficult initially) but once it is offered, it stays but you have to realize that it will take her time to really and fully trust you again.
Why? Once beaten twice shy and beside, if you had once been injured, it will take time for your wound to be healed and after the healing, the scar stays forever. It is easier for a wound to get healed than for the wounded to forget the scar. Therefore, keep being a good husband and a godly man. You are forever in my prayers.

And you my sister: Let your husband enjoy being at home. I can only make him go home; you alone have the responsibility of keeping him at home.

I am grateful that both of you shared your hearts and lives with me. I have so much flaws as well. Before I got married to my wife, I told her, “I am not the knight with the shining armour who will save you from all your problems and I will never look at you as the fiery princess who will save me from all mine."

There may be other people who have one thing or the other to encourage you guys – I am not judging you! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Identity

  A farmer once took home a lion’s cub and reared him with the herd of his goats and sheep – and so was the cub’s mindset taken away; he nev...