Thursday 10 May 2018

The Rising Profile of ADENIYI OJIKUTU from apprenticeship to CAPDAN Presidency


Adeniyi Ojikutu, the Avant-garde President of Computer and Allied Products Association of Nigeria, is one guy who sights opportunities where most of his mates see problems. Over time, he has learnt to soar higher beyond limits. When the winds are resisting his upward surge, he knows how to flap his wings and when the current is contrary, he knows to glide – and he has definitely flown higher than circumstances that could have kept him glued to poverty and shame.

When most guys of his age seek someone to pull them up the ladder, he positions himself as a ladder lifting others to the citadel. Adeniyi Ojikutu is a young, dynamic and versatile businessman, leader, speaker, mentor and MD/CEO of PACIFIC TECHNOLOGIES LTD. He was born into Ojikutu Royal Dynasty of Lagos Island. As a Grade 'A' contractor with the Lagos and Federal governments, his business interest spans ICT, Agro-Allied and other sectors – and his workforce can boast of almost 100 employees.

Mr. Ojikutu had his OND in Business Studies from the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro and his First Degree in Actuarial Science and Insurance in 2002 from the University of Lagos. His Second Degree is in Business Management from Lagos State University and has professional membership of the Institute of Business Strategy, Institute of Conflict Management and Peaceful Resolution and also possesses a Certificate in Journalism from the Nigerian Institute of Journalism.

His life was marred by opposing circumstances but his will to rise to the top was the reason he expunged excuses from his vocabularies and impossibility from his dictionary. At age four, he lost his dad and the responsibilities of raising him and his sister fell solely on his young mother who did a wonderful job of sending them through school.
In his word he said, “I promised myself not to ever disappoint my struggling mother. After my first degree, I didn’t wish to add extra burden to her by sitting down at home, sending applications for jobs that I am not sure of when it will come. Instead, I want her to reap the benefits of her investments in me, so, I went to the Computer Village, signed an apprenticeship with Mr. Bazuaye – and within my one year of serving faithfully, I had garnered over a million naira in bonus and commissions to start-off in business. I remember going to the high-sea (Takwa Bay, Tin Can and Apapa) in those days to sell computer hardware and software to sailors and others in the ships. I just wanted to make things happen because I believe there is a way beside a roadblock and there are untapped treasures behind every fenced wall.”

“After the training, I formed a partnership with a friend; we spread our tentacles into corporate offices and I later decided to establish my own company from my own share of profits. I registered Pacific Technologies – and that company has given birth to other fleet of businesses.”

When asked why it took him such a short time to succeed, he responded, “There is God-factor, a stint of hard-work and focus. I believe; I’m only limiting myself if I should be running when I can fly and I am sure that if I can take a step, I can cover a million miles.”

The versatile Ahmed Adeniyi Ojikutu is an executive member of various clubs and organizations including Young Entrepreneurs of Nigeria, Better Nigeria for the Future, Rotary Club of Ikeja and Ademola Ojikutu Foundation (for educational based scholarship). He had attended many trainings and conferences at home and abroad on e-Commerce, Telecommunications, Internet, IOT and IT. He leads a multi-billion naira IT utility company; presented academic papers and lectures ENTREPRENEURAL DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT in several universities, and also offers consultancy services and mentoring to other small scale companies and entrepreneurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Identity

  A farmer once took home a lion’s cub and reared him with the herd of his goats and sheep – and so was the cub’s mindset taken away; he nev...